New glass!!!! Herons...and lots of 'em.....and Turquoise



i love the colour turquoise....absolutely LOVE it....as you can see.....and in my mind, this colour perfectly suits the imagery of herons, and stillness....
in the kiln, before firing
 and also, to me, herons and stillness are interconnected....when you see them fishing along the shore line, they are sooooo still.....if i just take a moment to watch them i can connect with some of that quiet energy.....
after firing...12" sq. dish and 18" oval
 and, for sure, i would be doing myself a favour to cultivate a little more stillness into my life.....
detail of heron with gold outline
 i am continually attempting to "allow" myself quiet time....not just alone time, i get lots of that....and i need it....but quiet time....doin' nothin' time....i do know that when i quiet my mind my creativity soars.....back to the 1st sentence now....the colour turquoise, mmmmmhmmm....it can also be bright and shiny and have a loud presence....like my V.W. van.....it stands out in a crowd.....
assorted turquoise herons

Labels: , , ,