Sometimes Seeking Stillness....


ok, so....I think I kinda realized something....I think my interest in painting still life flower arrangements isn't just because I love the old jars, and pretty flowers.....

in my strong desire to find some STILLNESS in my own life I think I may have started painting scenes with more stillness....

although, I'm not sure that anyone would say this painting is still.....

anyway, just my thoughts in this moment....

certainly I am making a bigger practice of B R E A T H .....especially the exhale....when we exhale our parasympathetic nervous system kicks in....and our bodies relax on a very deep level....

something I very much need to learn how to do....and I am S L O W L Y learning.....

how about you? any relaxation tips you want to share?

deep breath....




"3 White Jars, 1 Striped Vase"   24"x36" mixed media on panel

Labels: , , , ,