Creating a Commission Piece (the process)

I just delivered this large commission to a new home in the BIG city a couple of weeks ago! It was a pretty cool project to work on....here are a few pix of the process...this project took several months from the 1st time the client contacted me to when the piece was successfully installed. I do not have any images of the full install, just the day we delivered....the piece was eventually supported off the floor in the opening, you will have to use your imagination.

I am very happy to have completion on this one!



cartoon of idea

starting to cut the glass


pre fusing with  powders showing


the whole panel on my glass table


my woodworker, Ode Howard


staining the wood framework


in my studio with Cricket Cat



being held in the location of installation

me and the glass panel


Labels: , , ,